Join us for this free training session and learn more about the Wage and Hour Division, its enforcement of federal labor laws, and common violations to avoid!
The Wage and Hour Division is offering a training session specifically for federal contractors and contracting representatives on Prevailing Wages and Compliance in government contracts.
In this training, participants will learn about the following:
WHO: Wage and Hour Investigator, Jesse Barron
- Davis-Bacon Act and McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act
- Executive Order 13495, "Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers"
- Executive Order 13658, "Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors"
- The process of Obtaining Wage Determinations and Adding Classifications
- Compliance Assistance and Enforcement Processes
- The process for Appealing Wage Rates, Coverage, and Compliance Determinations
WHY? We will answer the following questions at the training session:
- How do Federal Labor Laws apply to your business and employees?
- Are your workers properly classified?
- Do you need a conformance?
- Is your Certified Payroll correct?
- Do you know what to expect during an investigation?
No Fee to Participate!
September 11, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
El Paso Community College
Administrative Services Center
9050 Viscount Blvd., Bldg. B. Room B510
El Paso, TX 79925
The El Paso Community College Contract Opportunities Center will host the 14th Veterans Business Conference. The conference will be held at the Centennial Banquet & Conference Center, 11199 Sergeant E. Churchill, Fort Bliss, Texas 79916 on November 5, 2019, from 8:00 am 4:00 pm.
This conference has historically been an important event for the business communities in El Paso County, West Texas and Southern New Mexico. It has also presented an opportunity for government agencies and government prime contractors to extend their outreach to the region. Invitations have been sent to all federal agencies, all known government prime contractors, regional state and local governments, and small business concerns throughout the region, and beyond.
Click Here for more information November 5, 2019
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Centennial Banquet & Conference Center
11199 Sergeant E. Churchill
Fort Bliss Texas 79916